INTERREG VB Transnational - 2014-2020
Transnational co-operation is about the co-operation of regions from several EU Member States on agreed priorities and a coordinated strategic response.
There are 15 programme zones for transnational co-operation, three of which are relevant to Northern Ireland and the border region of Ireland - the Northern Periphery and Arctic Programme, the North West Europe Programme and the Atlantic Area Programme.
To download an overview of the Programmes Click Here
Northern Periphery and Arctic Programme 2014-2020
The First Call for Applications under the Programme closed in December 2014, a total of 13 applications were approved for funding by the Programme Monitoring Committee in February 2015. For further information on the projects that have been approved (including those projects with Northern Irish and Irish partners) please visit the following webpage: First Call Decisions
A Second Call for Applications opened on the 5th January 2015 and closed on the 10th April 2015 - a total of 6 projects were approved for funding by the Monitoring Committee in June 2015. For further information on the applications that were approved please visit the following webpage: Second Call Decisions
A Third Call closed on the 30th November 2015, decisions on the applications submitted will be taken in February 2016. A Fourth Call will open on the 1st May 2016.
During the period 2014-2020, the Programme will allocate approximately €56 million of ERDF to Projects and will focus on four priorities:
- Using Innovation to Maintain and Develop Robust and Competitive Communities;
- Promoting Entrepreneurship to Realise the Potential of the Programme Area's Competitive Advantage;
- Fostering Energy-Secure Communities through Promotion of Renewable Energy and energy efficiency;
- Protecting, Promoting and Developing Cultural and Natural Heritage
Further information can be found on the Programme website: http://www.interreg-npa.eu/
North West Europe Programme 2014-2020
The First Call for Applications under the North West Europe Programme (NWE) closed on the 18th May 2015. The Second Call closed on the 30th November 2015. During the period 2014-2020, €396 million of ERDF will be provided to Projects across eligible region. The maximum grant rate will be 60%. The NWE will focus on three priorities as follows:
- Strengthening Research, Technological Development and Innovation;
- Supporting the Shift towards a Low-Carbon Economy in all Sectors;
- Protecting the Environment and Promoting Energy Efficiency
Further information can be found on the following webpage: North West Europe Programme
Atlantic Area Programme 2014-2020
Calls for Applications under the Atlantic Area Programme will open in 2016. During the period 2014-2020 a total of €140 million of ERDF will be available to Projects across the eligible region. The eligible area will include new regions: Canary Islands (Spain), the Autonomous Regions of the Azores and Madeira (Portugal).
The Atlantic Area Programme will focus on four priorities as follows:
- Stimulating Innovation and Competitiveness;
- Fostering Resource Efficiency;
- Strengthening the Territory’s Resilience to Risks of Natural Climate and Human Origin;
- Enhancing Bio-diversity and the Natural and Cultural Assets.
Further information can be found on the following webpage: Atlantic Area Programme
Atlantic Area Information Seminar Presentations - 28 October 2015 Europa Hotel Belfast
Transnational and Interregional Programmes
To discuss the programmes and/or any project idea that you may have in more detail, please contact:
Declan McGarrigle, Programme Manager, Transnational and Interregional Programmes 2014-2020
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 00 44 28 90 266 678
View this page as Pdf
| Back to top | Print this page