FOI Requests 2019
FOI-2019-01: North West Science Park
Date of Response: February 2019
“Entry criteria for tenants of the North West Science Park (NWSP) contained within the following project documents:
1. Letter of offer
2. Application form
3. Economic appraisal”
Outcome: Information disclosed
Date of Response: August 2019 & November 2019 (response to internal review)
“Could you please forward all assessment reports (findings) carried out under the 2017 SWELL EU funded €3.28) programme for both Carlingford Lough and Lough Foyle.
Also, please provide a copy of the project application/bid document and the scoping document (if not part of the former)”.
Outcome: Information released with exemptions applied. Internal review requested in October 2019. Responded to in November 2019.
FOI-2019-04: 2014-2020 Programme
Date of Response: December 2019
“1. I would like copies of the excel spreadsheets for all project beneficiaries and awards made since the new programme commenced in 2014. The website only has August 2019 beneficiaries on it. Please supply all monthly project spreadsheets dating back to the programme start date of 2014.
- Further to this please supply all project performance logs that Thomas Mc Eleney receives and reports on, on a monthly basis. These logs record the project outputs and target acheivements. They are excel spreadsheets as well. Please supply these for all programmes that have commenced since 2014.
- Further to this please supply a full breakdown of line by line expenditure on the following projects:
- 27 million expenditure for Translink Multi Modal Hub;
- 33 million expenditure on the project that University of Ulster are delivering;
- The full budget and full expenditure details for the Irish Water Garvan ? bog project;
- The full budget and full expenditure details for the investments made since 2014 to Ulster GAA and Schomberg House (Orange Order).
- Please also disclose a full list of projects that have received more than 2million in budget since the new programme commenced in 2014.
- Please also supply a copy of all mid way and end of project evaluations that have taken place across projects funded through the SEUPB.”
Outcome: Information disclosed if held.
FOI-2019-05: SEUPB Information
Date of Response: December 2019
“Please release all data of visitors and phone calls made between 2014 to present to Directors and the Chief Executive of the SEUPB including all visits from funding applicants and the recent phone call made by Greater Shankill Womens group to Gina McIntyre. This information is contained in the visitor log book which visitors register at when they come into the office. Phone calls records need to be released including the recent call from Greater Shankill Womens Group and any other phone calls the Chief Exec and Directors have been taking from funding applicants.
Please also release a breakdown of the investment made by 1. EU taxpayers 2. Irish taxpayers 3. British taxpayers to the SEUPB for the funding period from 2014 to present.”
Outcome: Information partially disclosed.
FOI-2019-06: Hours & Attendance Policy
Date of Response: December 2019
“How many female members of staff in the organisation are being afforded a ‘revised contractual arrangement’ to work from home following an application for flexible working under the Hours and Attendance Policy. I want to see evidence that my request was ever considered in conjunction with the Hours and Attendance Policy and I want to be furnished with the details of where my application fell short of the Policy requirements.”
Outcome: Information disclosed.
FOI-2019-07: 2014-2020 Programme
Date of Response: January 2020
“1. Remuneration and pension costs of Chief Executive, Gina McIntyre, duration of her contract with SEUPB (How long has she been there), details of all travel and expenses costs (including breakdown of expense cost and mode of transport) incurred by her between 2014 – 2020 programme period and details of the locations she visited.
- Please also provide monetary value and gift details on any gifts register that is in place in the SEUPB and any gifts or other in kind benefits the Chief Exec has recorded in this.
- Remuneration and pension costs of Directors (Leanne Massey, Mark Feeney, Paul Sheridan) duration of their contract with SEUPB (How long have they been there), details of all travel and expenses costs (including breakdown of expense cost and mode of transport) incurred by them between 2014 – 2020 programme period and details of the locations they visited.
- Please also provide monetary value and gift details on any gifts register that is in place in the SEUPB and any gifts or other in kind benefits the Directors have recorded in this.
- CVs of Chief Executive Gina McIntyre and CVs of Directors (Mark Feeney, Paul Sheridan, Leanne Massey).
- Total number of permanent staff employed in SEUPB, details of each member of staff duration in the SEUPB (how long has each permanent member of staff been in the SEUPB).
- Total number of temporary staff employed by SEUPB during the 2014 to 2020 programme period and the total cost of expenditure incurred in payment of wages and other costs such as NI contributions for these staff.
- Total cost of expenditure paid and detailed breakdown of the fees and other costs paid to agencies to recruit and maintain temporary and where applicable other such as contract staff.
- Total duration and contract length of temporary staff who were hired between 2014 – 2020. Explain how long were they employed for (contract duration), grounds for ceasing of contract and/or dismissal. Please include dates of employment for these staff and dates of when their contracts were finished.
- Total identity of PUL/CNR/BAME staff that were let go or dismissed whilst on temporary contracts.
- Please also provide information relating to dismissal or cease of contract of temporary staff on a geographic basis (IRL, NI, GB, EU).
- Total geographic demographic breakdown of all permanent, contract and temporary staff according to location and nationality of staff member. In this context please advise how many staff are employed from IRL, NI, GB, EU or other locations and the identity they associate to.
- Please provide a breakdown of permanent, temporary and contract staff according to PUL/CNR and BAME (black, ethnic, minority ethnic) background.
- Total number of cross community projects being funded and the locales they reach into and total value of funding awarded. Please outline the total number of cross community projects being funded internally in NI and in IRL.
- Total number of cross border projects being funded and the distance these projects are reaching into across the border. Please provide the total value of this funding in NI/IRL.
- Projects funding that has been allocated to public bodies such as Universities, AFBI, city and county councils in Northern Ireland and Ireland and other public or cross border bodies such as Loughs agency, Irish civil service and Irish and NI water.
- In respect of point 16 please provide a breakdown of all staff salary costs, travel, expenses and pension contribution in these publically funded and public sector bodies and agencies. Please provide this detail relating to programme period 2014 – 2020.
- Total value of funding allocated in the 2014 – 2020 period with a breakdown of funding allocated per project and activity expenditure and a total value of funding allocated which was directed towards staff wages and other costs such as NI, pension and expenses and building overheads and running costs.
- Further to point 18 please provide a breakdown of the total funding awarded according to the allocation of taxpayers monies received from IRL/GB/EU sources.
- Please provide details of the total amount of audits that have been undertaken in the 2014 – 2020 programme period and who conducted these audits.
- Further to point 20 please advise how many audits and evaluation reviews have been conducted by Department of Public Expenditure and Reform (IRL) Department of Finance (NI) and the European Commission unit in Brussels or other audit bodies such as National Audit Office London or Audit Office Northern Ireland and details of what they examined e.g project costs, staff costs.
- Further to point 21 please advise further to this any discrepancies or issues they highlighted in their audits and final reports. If final reports exists for these audits please release this data.
- Please provide details of the total amount of midway project evaluations submitted and final project evaluations submitted that have been undertaken in the 2014 – 2020 programme period and the outcomes of these evaluations, e.g total number of projects were funding was de-committed as a result of failures to achieve contractual or other obligations in the projects.
- Please provide the total number of sustainability plans, evidence of value for money on project expenditure costs, return on investment metrics and core business plans that were submitted for projects valued over €2m in the 2014 -2020 programme period.
- Please provide details of how SEUPB has assessed state aim, procurement and OJEU and de minimis compliance in projects that it has funded valued over €1m in the 2014 – 2020 programme period.
Outcome: Information released with exemptions applied.