The SEUPB performs the role of Regional Contact Point for the Northern Periphery and Artic Programme and an Information and Support Point for the Atlantic Area, North West Europe and INTERREG Europe Programmes. As such, the SEUPB can provide guidance and support for Northern Ireland applicants who are developing and implementing Transnational and Interregional projects.
The SEUPB also carries out First Level Control for Northern Ireland partners for all four Programmes and promotes North-South cooperation and collaboration.
The Northern Ireland Experience in the Transnational Programmes - this booklet provides an overview of the transnational programmes that we manage and includes a number of case studies.
To discuss the Programmes and/or any project idea that you may have in more detail, please contact:
Declan McGarrigle, Programme Manager, Transnational and Interregional Programme (2014-2020)
Email: Declan.McGarrigle@seupb.eu Tel: 00 44 28 90 266 678
INTERREG VB Transnational - 2014-2020
There are 15 Programme zones for transnational co-operation, three of which are relevant to Northern Ireland and the Border Region of Ireland - the Northern Periphery and Arctic Programme, the North West Europe Programme and the Atlantic Area Programme.
To download an overview of the Programmes click here.
Northern Periphery and Arctic Programme 2014-2020
During the period 2014-2020, the Programme will allocate approximately €56 million of ERDF to Projects and will focus on four priorities:
- Using Innovation to Maintain and Develop Robust and Competitive Communities;
- Promoting Entrepreneurship to Realise the Potential of the Programme Area's Competitive Advantage;
- Fostering Energy-Secure Communities through Promotion of Renewable Energy and energy efficiency;
- Protecting, Promoting and Developing Cultural and Natural Heritage
Further information can be found on the Programme website: http://www.interreg-npa.eu/
North West Europe Programme 2014-2020
During the period 2014-2020, €396 million of ERDF will be provided to projects across the eligible region. The maximum grant rate will be 60%. The NWE will focus on three priorities as follows:
- Strengthening Research, Technological Development and Innovation;
- Supporting the Shift towards a Low-Carbon Economy in all Sectors;
- Protecting the Environment and Promoting Energy Efficiency
Further information can be found on the following webpage: North West Europe Programme
Atlantic Area Programme 2014-2020
During the period 2014-2020 a total of €140 million of ERDF will be available to projects across the eligible region. The eligible area will include new regions: Canary Islands (Spain), the Autonomous Regions of the Azores and Madeira (Portugal).
The Atlantic Area Programme will focus on four priorities as follows:
- Stimulating Innovation and Competitiveness;
- Fostering Resource Efficiency;
- Strengthening the Territory’s Resilience to Risks of Natural Climate and Human Origin;
- Enhancing Bio-diversity and the Natural and Cultural Assets.
Further information can be found on the following webpage: Atlantic Area Programme
INTERREG VC Interregional – 2014-2020
Interregional funding continues under the new name of 'Interreg Europe' in the 2014-2020 programming period. The aim of the programme is to promote exchange and transfer of knowledge and best practices among the European regions.
INTERREG EUROPE Programme
During the period 2014-2020 a total of €359 million of ERDF will be available to projects across all 28 member states plus two non-member states. The Interreg Europe Programme will focus on the following four priorities:
- Research & Innovation;
- Competitiveness of SMEs;
- Low-carbon Economy;
- The Environment and Resource Efficiency.
If you have a project idea that you would like to share with other potential partners or if you would like to search for other project ideas please visit the following webpage: